What does international freight forwarding do
The main job of an international freight forwarder is to accept the entrustment or authorization of the client to act as an agent for various international trade and cargo transportation services. International freight forwarders can accept customers' entrustment to complete all aspects of cargo transportation, and directly provide services to customers through freight forwarders or other agencies hired. In addition, he can also use his overseas agents to provide services.
In the import and export business of international freight forwarding, the procedures for consignment, delivery, warehouse storage, customs declaration and insurance are quite complicated, requiring operators to be fully familiar with the business. The emergence of international freight forwarders has solved this difficulty for import and export agents. The main job of an international freight forwarder is to accept the entrustment or authorization of the client to act as an agent for various international trade and cargo transportation services.
International freight forwarders can usually accept the entrustment of customers to complete a certain link of cargo transportation or various links related to it, provide services to customers through direct freight forwarders or other agencies hired, or use his overseas agents to provide services. The main services are as follows.
1. On behalf of the shipper (exporter)
(1) Choose transportation routes, transportation methods, and appropriate carriers. (2) Pick up by the selected carrier, provide an appointment (3) Pick up the goods, and issue relevant documents. (4) Study the terms of the letter of credit and all government regulations (5) Packaging (6) Preservation (7) Weight and measuring scale (8) Insurance arrangement (9) After the cargo port, go through customs declaration and invoice procedures, and deliver the goods to the carrier . (10) Receiving foreign exchange transactions (11) Payment of freight and other expenses (12) Original bill of lading issued and paid to the consignor (13) Arranging the transportation of goods (14) Informing the consignee of the status of the goods (15) ) Record the loss of goods (16) Consignee.
2. On behalf of the beneficiary (importer)
(1) Reporting cargo dynamics (2) Receiving and reviewing all invoices related to transportation (3) Picking up and paying freight (4) Arranging customs declaration and tax payment and other expenses (5) Arranging warehouses in transit (6) Goods that will be closed Delivery to the consignee (7) The consignee delivers the goods.
3. As a multimodal transport operator, issue a multimodal bill of lading to receive the goods, assume the risk responsibility of the carrier, and provide the cargo owner with comprehensive transportation services. In developed countries, freight forwarders play the role of transportation organizers. Many freight forwarders are mainly engaged in international multimodal transportation. However, in developing countries, due to poor transportation infrastructure, imperfect laws and regulations, and generally low quality of freight forwarders, international freight forwarders proxy
4. Other services. For example, according to the special needs of customers, we provide transportation consulting services such as supervision, inspection, mixed cargo loading and container disassembly.
5. Special cargo handling and transportation services and overseas exhibition transportation services, etc.